Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

74/365

74 - "the necklace that wanted to be a brooch" - Reclaimed material (Genuine Mother of Pearl - JAPAN necklace) and Stainless Steel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I started this project a few months ago as a way to power through the all those 'lost' moments of the recently graduated. You know the ones... they sometimes keep you up at night.... and go a little something like.... "what am I doing?... what did i just do with the last 3 years of my life??... who the hell would wear that?? you can't even wear that?? oh you're a jeweller - can you fix my diamond ring?? yeah its made out of paper.... eek!" I have a nasty suspicion that these feelings don't ever go away, sometimes they are louder and other times they are just a whisper on the wind.

It seems that this little (*cough*cough*) project has taken on a life of its own. I would never, even in my wildest dreams, have imagined that it could gain so much attention. The latest bout of blog love as been amazing if slightly daunting (these sites have so many members/visitors, eek!).

So many many many thanks must go to...

Feature Blog on the super excellent Kit & Caboodle (link
Post on the HCJ member Blog (link)
Post on Montserrat Lacomb's freaking awesome blog (link)

....remember if you have any spare/random materials lying around that are crying out to be made into a brooch drop me a line, as they say, nothing like a bit of fresh meat to liven things up.

Cheers. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment